Free Time Sayings and Quotes

Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous old free time quotes, free time sayings, and free time proverbs, collected over the years from a variety of sources.

Free time is the enemy of progress. Casey Neistat
Free time is a terrible thing to waste. Read a book. E.A. Bucchianeri
If finding true love was easy we'd all have a lot more free time. John Avery
Write what you know. That should leave you with a lot of free time. Howard Nemerov
Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. Susan Cain
Handmade presents are scary because they reveal that you have too much free time. Douglas Coupland
You will be amazed at how much free time you have when you never have to think about money. Bob Proctor
We try to 'self-medicate' ourselves against boredom with mobile phones in any given moment of free time. Alex Bogusky
Too much free time is certainly a monkey's paw in disguise. Most people can't handle a structureless life. Douglas Coupland
Being organized will give you more free time, contribute to a cheerful nature, and add to the peace and security of your home. Deniece Schofield
Free time is an illusion. It's what you get when you die and the gods reward you for a life spent working from dawn until midnight. Tamora Pierce
The way we live is changing. Each year, our free time shrinks a little more as computers clamor for an increasing percentage of our attention. Ruth Reichl
Make use of all free time at the office and elsewhere for chanting your mantra or reading spiritual books. Avoid indulging in unnecessary gossip and try to talk about spiritual subjects with others. Mata Amritanandamayi
Spend 70% of your spare time doing things close to home and the other 30% doing work at the global and national level. Bill McKibben
In capitalist society spare time is acquired for one class by converting the whole life-time of the masses into labour-time. Karl Marx
Leisure time is that five or six hours when you sleep at night. George Allen
The real problem of leisure time is how to keep others from using yours. Arthur Lacey
It's not a man's working hours that is important, it is how he spends his leisure time. Marilynne Robinson
Nothing adds to a person's leisure time like doing things when they are supposed to be done. Orlando Aloysius Battista
Temptation rarely comes in working hours. It is in their leisure time that men are made or marred. W. N. Taylor
People would have more leisure time if it weren't for all the leisure-time activities that use it up. Peg Bracken
Work is only justified by leisure time. To admit the emptiness of leisure time is to admit the impossibility of life. Guy Debord
Spend your leisure time in cultivating an ear attentive to discourse, for in this way you will find that you learn with ease what others have found out with difficulty. Isocrates
People want more and more leisure time which means the freedom to do what they want to do, not what they have to do, and as we get richer and richer, more and more people will be able to afford that. Robert Fogel
Leisure time is only leisure time when it is earned; otherwise, leisure time devolves into soul-killing lassitude. There's a reason so many new retirees, freed from the treadmill of work, promptly keel over on the golf course: Work fulfills us. It keeps us going. Ben Shapiro
Take time off to give to yourself, in a sense to fill yourself up to fullness, to where now you can overflow in giving. John Gray
Free time keeps me going. Gus Van Sant
Any extra free time you have, you are sleeping, or you're trying to sleep. Jordin Sparks
It's a false assumption that people with a lot of money have a lot of free time to shop. Natalie Massenet
That's why they call it work, because it's not what you'd prefer to do with your free time. Diane Lane
Take some time off to go within, in silence. With that, your charm becomes eternal, your love becomes unconditional & great strength arises. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar