Texas Sayings and Quotes

Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous old texas quotes, texas sayings, and texas proverbs, collected over the years from a variety of sources.

Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may. Sam Houston
I'd rather be a fencepost in Texas, than the king of Tennessee. Chris Wall
That's the thing about East Texas. Red dirt never quite washes out, and pine pollen is tenacious as original sin. Markham Shaw Pyle
Always marry a woman from Texas. No matter how tough things get, she's seen tougher. Dan Rather
To me, it's really the heart of Texas. You don't know the Lone Star State until you've experienced Gruene Hall. Miranda Lambert
In Texas we practically come out of the womb in jeans. Kelly Clarkson
Texas is the finest portion of the globe that has blessed my vision. Sam Houston
Texas is a blend of valor and swagger. Carl Sandburg
In Texas, we have the death penalty, and we use it. That's right. If you come to Texas and kill somebody, we will kill you back. Ron White
I've traveled all over the world, but I don't think there is any place better than Texas. Red Adair
I thought I knew Texas pretty well, but I had no notion of it's size until I campaigned it. Ann Richards
This is Texas. We're still figuring out how to spell tolerance. Rachel Caine
News events are like Texas weather. If you don't like it, wait a minute. Jessica Savitch
Being from Texas, I would say I favor a pair of jeans you can wear some boots with. Jensen Ackles
Texas is OK if you want to settle down and do your own thing quietly, but it's not for outrageous people, and I was always outrageous. Janis Joplin
Makes me want to go to leave the United States and go to a more sensible place, like Texas. Greg Gutfeld
In the name of the constitution of Texas, which has been trampled upon, I refuse to take this oath. I love Texas too well to bring civil strife and bloodshed upon her. Sam Houston
Obviously people in Texas have a big hearts. Katie Couric
I just want Texas to be number one in something other than executions, toll roads and property taxes. Kinky Friedman
Like most passionate nations, Texas has its own history based on, but not limited by, facts. John Steinbeck
Texas is a great place to be rich and a terrible place to be poor. It's got the highest percentage of people without health insurance in the country. If you get injured on the job, good luck getting workers' comp. And God help you if you're poor and mentally ill. Gail Collins
Texas does not, like any other region, simply have indigenous dishes. It proclaims them. It congratulates you, on your arrival, at having escaped from the slop pails of the other 49 states. Alistair Cooke
Texas has long been known as the nation's largest energy producer, but we are equally proud of our distinction as the nation's leading energy innovator. Rick Perry
A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans. Billy Clayton
I love Texas because Texas is future-oriented, because Texans think anything is possible. Texans think big. Senator Phil Gramm
At the risk of descending to unscientific generalizations, 90 percent of Texans give the other 10 percent a bad name. Mary Doria Russell
I think Texans have more fun than the rest of the world. Tommy Tune
There was a vastness here, more air, more sun, more space, and I thought that here a man drew some of that vastness into his soul. Conrad Hilton
Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word. And there's an opening convey of generalities. A Texan outside of Texas is a foreigner. John Steinbeck
Never forget, son, when you represent Texas, always go first class. James Michener